Thursday, January 2, 2020

2020 READING GOALS


So here we go.  It's 2020 and time to set some new reading goals.  

For 2020 my main focus is still trying to read what I own.  I am on a book buying ban for the time being so I won't be bringing in anything brand new other than what I have on pre-order that was purchased with a gift card.  And I'm going to try and avoid the Little Library jaunts for a bit so no books come into the house that way.

So broken down generally for the year, my personal reading goal is going to look a bit like this:

- At least 3 books a month from my own piles

    -one of these books must be from my box that contains the books that have been sitting  around here the longest, the ones that keep getting pushed back because I keep bringing  in new ones.  Hopefully by the end of the year I'll have emptied this box. 

-At least 1 book per month from my library list because I just can't not go to the library

-At least 1 novella per month from A Lineage of Grace and Sons of Encouragement study books by Francine Rivers (for a total of 10)

-I'm going to shoot for the goal of reading 52 books this year.  This has always been my goal    but I have never quit reached it.  Maybe this is my year.

-Because of the success I used to have with the  "Spring Fling" and the "Fall Back into     Reading" challenges of the past, I am going to list the books I want to read for each quarter.   I'm going to put up a Linky in January, April, July, and October for those people that want to join in with me in posting their own reading pile for the quarter.  I remember loving looking at what everyone else was reading  (though if I recall correctly that helped add to my reading piles.  LOL.)  We'll see how it goes.

I will do this post up separately from this one.


No comments: