Thursday, January 17, 2019

2019 Reading Goals and Challenges

A new year of anticipating some great reads.  This year, once again, my main goal is to work on getting the multitude of books that are already swamping my closet read and pared down.  Last year's goal setting really helped this along.  So I'm going to keep the skeleton of that and maybe refine it even more.  So for 2019 here are my goals.  I will add in the titles as I finish them because it was nice to see that list.  Even though my numbers were less than usual my goals were pretty much reached minus the library list book I missed in November and an Anne of Green Gables Read.

Once again the asterick (*) means it was on my library list but then I found it at a little library and also was then owning the copy.

2019 Reading Goals:
(books that crossover the sections will be marked with an asterisk)

At least 2 books per month from my own piles.  (Including the Aloha Reef Series by Colleen Coble)

          ~ The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate Morton
          ~ Every Note Played by Lisa Genova
          ~ Life After by Katie Ganshert
          ~ The House of Foster Hill by Jaime Jo Wright*
          ~ The Offering by Angela Hunt
          ~ I Was Anastasia by Ariel Lawhon
          ~ Most Wanted by Lisa Scottoline
          ~ Bay of Secrets by Rosanna Ley 
         The Lost Daughter  by Gill Paul    
         ~  The One Good Thing by Kevin Alan Milne 
         ~ You Were Always Mine by Nicole Baart
          ~ Love Bears All Things by Beth Wiseman
          ~Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda
          ~The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
          ~The Christmas Sisters by Sarah Morgan
 

6 non-fiction books (some of these will crossover with my own piles or library list)
          ~Unshakeable Hope by Max Lucado
           ~What if it's True by Charles Martin (crossover with review books)
          ~The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs (crossover with my own piles)
          ~Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly (crossover with my own piles)
          ~Dead Mountain by Donnie Eichar (crossover with library list)

At least 1 book per month from my library to read shelves

          ~ January ~The Real Enemy by Kathy Herman* 
          ~ March ~ Beartown by Frederik Bachman
           ~ May ~ What She Knew by Gilly MacMillan
           ~ June ~ The Reader's of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald
          ~ July ~ The Girl Who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor*
           ~ August ~ The Things We Keep by Sally Hepworth
           ~ September ~ 419 by Will Fergusson
           ~ October ~ The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy by Rachel Joyce
                                  (dnf at 97 pgs)
          ~November ~ Dead Mountain: the untold true story of the Dyatlov Pass incident by                                           Donnie Eichar
          ~December ~ The Last Year of the War by Susan Meissner

6 review books

          ~ Secrets at Cedar Cabin by Colleen Coble
           ~ What if It's True? by Charles Martin (crossover with non-fiction goal)

At least 2 rereads both for pleasure and to see if it's a book I still want to keep on my bookshelves

Book 3 in the Anne of Green Gables series

3 new to me authors *Jaime Jo Wright
                                               Ariel Lawhon
                                             Katarina Bivald
                                             Hazel Gaynor
                                               Rosanna Ley
                                               Sally Hepworth
                                               Gill Paul
                                               Kevin Alan Milne
                                               Will Ferguson
                                               Shilpi Somaya Gowda
                                               Shari Lapena
                                               Sarah Morgan
1 Jodi Picoult book





No comments: